Monday, December 19, 2011

Bradley Manning

I hope to someday meet Mr Manning, to me he is like a modern-times Paul Revere. His assistance to WikiLeaks showed us all what we already feared. A terrible double standard of preaching freedom and human rights while practicing the opposite. How long until the masses awaken. Every day I see more and more people awakening, yet they're all so fragmented. The media portrays each group as hating the other in an effort to keep us from uniting. I say we stop the hate, it's merely a tool that the Elites have utilized to keep us fragmented. If I hate you just as much as I hate them then how can you and I work together against them. By portraying Occupiers as lazy self indulgent hippies and Tea Party members as racist privileged white people we will not unite against the corruption that has destroyed our nation.


Bradley Manning represents exactly what the OWS movement is fighting against in many ways. He shows us that denouncing war crimes is a crime. Protecting freedom is a crime. Transparent government is a crime. The NDAA passed  the Senate on Bill of Rights Day, a slap in the face to the "freedoms" this country was founded upon. Today I read articles from the far right that are directly on par with Occupy and found another previously written article by the same author describing   OWS as


 "the “Occupy” movement is made up of violent, foul, criminals, perverts and Trustifarians, who are far from the peaceful Tea Party movement. The terminally lazy and perpetually stupid who are not part of the criminal element are merely useless idiots who need to occupy a shower and a class in economics."

 It saddens me and frustrates me to see our nation so terribly divided. In the same article the author describes something that is very similar to the National General Assembly that Occupy is proposing. I'm proposing a ceasefire. Left and Right don't matter. Republicans AND Democrats are a part of the problem. Occupy has not been co-opted by the democratic party. BOTH political parties are a part of the problem.

It just gets old. Honestly, act like the responsible adults you claim to be, and find the common ground. Allow others to have their views just as you have yours. The Peaceful Tea Party movement was co-opted by republicans and and has faltered to produce much since then. The need for true democracy is there, a call for revolution has been issued by OWS. Drop the bullshit hate that the elites want you to have. Stop playing their game and come together with your neighbors to try and save democracy. Save freedom. Save human rights. Destroy corruption.

To Bradley Manning, what you did was noble. It has inspired me and millions like me to stand up and fight. To make my voice heard in the overwhelming noise of nonsense that is out there. Bradley Manning, although I've never met you I will always love you. Through you I found myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment